Monday, December 17, 2012

My Self-Imposed 'Holiday' From Social Media: Day 4 | Joe ...

It feels like I?ve been on my ?holiday? from social media for a couple of weeks already, but in looking at the calendar, it?s only been 4 short days since I posted the following post on my Google+, Facebook wall, Twitter stream and probably a few other places:

?Taking a much needed ?holiday? from social media and all that comes with it. Happy Holidays to all! See you next year!?

This experiment is actually going much better than I anticipated. ?I have not had a problem not posting on ? or viewing various ?social networks like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Posterous, Pinterest or even checking in on Foursquare. ?I?ve come to the conclusion that there probably aren?t too many people who really care where I am or what I?m up to ? and I no longer feel a need to let the entire world know.

I have saved so much time over the past 4 days that I?ve been able to do a lot more planning and writing ? both activities that I want and need to spend more time on. ?I?ve not taken time off from writing blog posts ? or from making videos ? both very important to me.

I do have to admit that I do miss reading about what everyone else is up to, but there have to be priorities and I?ve got a lot to accomplish. It seems that this holiday is greatly helping my sense of focus ? and for that I am extremely grateful.

Next time I will write about Not Throwing Social Media Under the Bus and in the future I be discussing why Virtually EVERY Business needs to be involved in social media.

Source: http://joekennedy.biz/2012/12/my-self-imposed-holiday-from-social-media-day-4/

Mars landing Gabby Douglas John Orozco Garrett Reid shawn johnson Tony Sly Lauren Perdue

No comments:

Post a Comment