Friday, May 25, 2012

Kaufmann admits lip synching at Champions League

Jonas Kaufmann says he lip synched his performance of the Champions League theme before last weekend's final in Munich.

The tenor posted a statement Thursday on his Facebook page, explaining why he appeared at Allianz Arena on Saturday following cancellations at New York's Metropolitan Opera on April 28 and May 7 because of illness.

"To avoid any further misunderstandings: I did not sing, but rather lip-synched to a prerecorded tape," Kaufmann wrote. "Had the promoters insisted on my singing live there, of course I would have cancelled that appearance as well. At the CLF I just had to stand there and mime for five minutes."

Kaufmann also said that, "to avoid any doubts, I did it for free!"

Associated Press

sugar cookie recipe sugar cookie recipe how the grinch stole christmas macaroni and cheese festivus festivus zeno

No comments:

Post a Comment